Losing someone you love is hard. It’s exceptionally hard when you lose a loved one due to unexpected death. However, that person leaving you for good because he or she chose the other person over you is another story. You might have mixed feelings of anger, sadness, and confusion that may leave you despaired for weeks or more.
If that situation happens or has already happened to you, what will you do? How will you handle this trying situation? Will you attempt to get the person back, or let him/her be and move on?
If you have personally experienced this kind of heartbreak, you might want to check out this book called “The Ex Factor Guide” by Brad Browning. You will learn a thing or two about why breakups happen, tips on how you can get your ex back, and give your relationship a second chance.
What Is “The Ex Factor Guide” all about?
Authored by renowned relationship expert Brad Browning, this book talks about how you can get your ex back. There may be different reasons why couples eventually break up. Nonetheless, such a situation can truly be heartbreaking and may even leave you crying and sulking for days.
When that much-dreaded break-up does happen, you might do irrational things that can do more harm than good. It’s understandable though – you might still feel confused about what happened and all you want is to get back with the one you love. The book also focuses on the common relationship mistakes that result in its downfall and ways to avoid it.
There are certain factors that can greatly affect a romantic relationship. For example, a third party or irreconcilable differences can result in a break-up. In such cases, this book will also help whether these kinds of situations are worth fighting for or better left in the past.
This book will let you understand that not only getting back with your ex is important. It is also about rebuilding what was broken and working for a better and long-lasting relationship. If that does not happen, there are ways to properly move on and be a better person, to say the least.
Who is Brad Browning?
Brad Browning, the author of “The Ex Factor Guide”, is a relationship expert specializing in divorce and breakups. He has worked with countless couples in their relationship issues for the past 10 years. Aside from “The Ex Factor Guide”, he also wrote “Mend the Marriage”, an online program that aims to fix and save marriages. Currently, he is based in Vancouver, Canada.
Browning also has a YouTube channel as well as a contributor and senior editor at YourTango.com and LoveLearnings.com, respectively. With all these credentials under his belt, it’s no wonder that Browning is regarded as one of the most trusted experts in the field.
A person may be at the lowest point of their lives when he or she just broke up with someone they really love. If you are on their shoes, you might also feel a mix of emotions of confusion, anger, denial, sadness, and everything else in between. If you are one of those who is looking for answers about their recent heartbreak, you may want to check out Browning’s expert pieces of advice on “The Ex Factor Guide”.
What will you learn from “The Ex Factor Guide”?
“The Ex Factor Guide” is a comprehensive guide to relationships. This includes dealing with break-ups, giving importance to your loved one, and loving yourself despite what happened. There are several chapters that comprise this book. These include the following:
- Chapter 1 – This is where Browning discusses why he made the book. A lot of people experience heartbreaks and don’t know where and how to start all over again. He explains how he can help with your current love situation as long as you need it.
- Chapter 2 – This chapter focuses on attractive characteristics you should have to maintain a good relationship.
- Chapter 3 – On the contrary, Chapter 3 discusses unattractive characteristics your relationship shouldn’t have.
- Chapter 4 – In case the inevitable happens, this chapter will help you prevent panicking and eventually accept what has happened. This chapter also offers tips on how not to make the situation worse – for one, pressuring your ex to go back to you.
- Chapter 5 – This chapter discusses how to deal with the aftermath of the breakup. In this chapter, Browning recommends having a 31-day cool-off period to help you carry on your plan to get your ex back. This includes relying on others to help you deal with your recent breakup and other ways to keep you sane during the “no contact” part of your relationship.
- Chapter 6 – This chapter deals with opening up to other people through dating. It also provides tips on how to tell your ex that you’re seeing others without looking desperate. This phase hopes to use jealousy as a way to make your ex miss you.
- Chapter 7 – This chapter discusses how you can respond in case your ex suddenly kept in touch with you.
- Chapter 8 – In opposite of the previous chapter, Chapter 8 discusses how you should react if he or she does not want to keep in touch with you anymore.
- Chapter 9 – This chapter discusses what to do in case you and your ex consider starting all over again through a “date”. At this point, you should be presenting yourself positively and all you want is for you to get back together.
After a breakup, it will be only two things: either you want to get back your ex or move on with your life. If you decide on the former, you must be careful with your every move. Your emotions may get in the way and even push you away from your ex.
The book states that there are many reasons why a relationship ends. For one, Browning concludes that breakups happen mainly due to a dwindled attraction between the couple. However, some people may not agree to this, as it implies that the breakup is not a big deal and that there is much fish in the sea.
Regardless of the reason, the most important thing to consider is to address the main issue – not just because of a loss of physical attraction. In other words, this book may only be effective if the main reason for the breakup is due to the latter.
The Ex Factor Guide Pros and cons
The book presents its own set of pros and cons. Among its noted advantages include:
- The book helps you get back on your feet following a breakup. It teaches the right way to deal with the situation and avoid confrontations and dramas as much as possible.
- You can get help from one of the experts on the love and relationships field. Browning knows what he’s talking about. After all, he’s an expert in his field. So, rest assured that you can do the right thing after the breakup. Expect him to talk to you (through the book) in an honest and personal way like how a real friend cares for you.
- It contains detailed action steps to guide you on your path to get your relationship back on track. The book does not blame you for your unfortunate breakup. Rather, Browning simply aims for you to be happy, regardless of the outcome of your attempt to winning back your ex.
- It also comes with additional three videos made by Brad’s trusted assistant, Ricky. In addition, you will also receive a bonus booklet called “10 Commandments of Sexual Attraction” by Derek Lamont as well as “Seven Steps to Sex Appeal” by Mark Belmont.
- The book also offers a 60-day money back guarantee. You don’t have to worry about not getting your money’s worth. If you like it, then good. Otherwise, you can always ask for a refund and find other tools to help you deal with your breakup.
On the other hand, the book also has its disadvantages including the following:
- The bonus videos and booklets are mediocre and lack depth and details that can be supposedly helpful to your relationship problems.
- As mentioned, Browning concludes that most breakups happen due to dwindling attraction towards each other. A lot of people would disagree on this idea.
- There is no mention of communicating the root cause of the breakup. Rather, it only focuses on ways to get back together without delving on details how to prevent such problems from happening again.
- Some may even find the advice morally questionable as it may require you to lie for the tips to be successful. For example, the book suggests “dating” other people to make your ex jealous. In the process, your budding relationship with the other person may become complicated when your ex does respond to your actions.
Does it work for you?
The main objective of this guide is to prevent forlorn individuals from doing irrational things after a breakup. It will also avoid you from obsessed to get your ex back. In the process, you can lose your self-worth that can make the situation worse. More importantly, the book can also help you get back on track and move on from your bad breakup experience.
If you do want to get your ex back, this book can also greatly help you in many ways. There are different ways to get your ex back to you as suggested by Browning. However, it is more than following those tips. It can also help you build healthier and long-lasting relationships with your significant other.
The good thing about this book is that it can help both genders. Browning offers pieces of advice meant for both men and women and according to your age and relationship status. After all, gender should not affect a good relationship.
It is important to know that problems in a relationship are generally normal. As long as you both know what makes a good relationship, then you are good to go. Otherwise, negative characteristics among both of you can ruin your entire relationship. The book discusses those traits that can make or break a relationship.
The book will also help you understand how your ex may be feeling at the moment. Likewise, it also not only focuses on you but also the other person’s feelings. Browning will also help you gain better insight into what went wrong and how you can fix it.
As mentioned, it can be hard for someone to experience a breakup. That experience alone can make you feel angry, confused, and sad – all at the same time. Understandably, you might do irrational things following a nasty breakup. For example, you might be calling your ex several times, begging him/her to come back in your arms. Or you may even pressure or threaten him/her to get back to you or else.
Never, ever do that – at least in the words of Brad Browning. “The Ex Factor Guide” can help you keep your sanity in the midst of your recent breakup. The book shares tips you should follow if you want your ex back. You can also learn a thing or two about good relationships and how to avoid the bad ones.
There are pros and cons when you avail this relationship guide. Some you may agree on, while you might find some parts of it questionable. Nonetheless, it is important to know that the goal is not only to get your ex back. Rather, you should also focus on the root cause and how you can prevent it from happening again. This book will also teach you how to make your relationship better and healthier. All relationships should be that way after all.
More importantly, this book will help you regain your self-esteem and make you a better person. There’s no harm if you follow the step-by-step process made by Browning. But if it does not work, then perhaps it’s time to move on with your life. Otherwise, congratulations – make your relationship the best one yet!