Whoopi Goldberg, real name Caryn Elaine Johnson, is known to be one of Hollywood’s best actresses, conquering both comic and dramatic stories. In his history, he has hits like ‘Ghost’, ‘Sisters act’ or ‘The Color Purple’.
Además ha participado en otros proyectos artísticos, como en la música, donde debuta como cantante, en la escritura, como presentadora de tv y como protagonista de una obra homónima en Broadway, contando así con una de las trayectorias más largas y fuertes de la pantalla big.
Here we will explore his way of thinking through a selection of Whoopi Goldberg’s best quotes.
Whoopi Goldberg’s Most Memorable Quotes
Being an example of hard work, persistence, and safety, in this article we show you a list of Whoopi Goldberg’s best thoughts and phrases, with commentary.
1. For some reason all artists have self esteem issues.
Many artists turn to the theater to escape their troubles. Although if these are hidden, they will not be resolved but will continue to grow.
2. Actresses can only play women. I am an actress, I can interpret anything.
Whoopi has no limits when it comes to playing a role on the big screen. We can therefore see it in several facets according to each film.
3. I really don’t see communism as a bad thing.
Your opinion on communism. Maybe it’s not about doctrine, but how people apply it.
4. When I did theater and comedy together, I felt I had talents.
The moment he realized his potential and found his passion. Which led her to be one of Hollywood’s biggest stars.
5. I fight against the actress label ‘Black’ simply because it is very limiting in the eyes of people, especially people who make movies.
Our origins should not limit who we are, because we are much more than that. We are what we build throughout our life.
6. Normal is only one cycle in the washing machine.
Everyone has their own view of what is “normal”. Therefore, everyone has the right to live their life as they like best and to make them happy to do so.
7. I forced myself to go to a screening, and when my name came up all I could think of was, “Oh my God, how elegant she is!”
At first, she didn’t have much self-confidence. Until he finds out what he’s capable of.
8. Things happen to you by chance, and if you stay it’s because you are talented.
There are things that happen by chance and maintaining them is up to us.
9. It is being ready to walk that gives you strength and power.
If you want to improve, you have to keep learning, changing, and moving forward.
10. I am the American dream. I am the epitome of what the American Dream basically says.
Proud of all she has accomplished and of what she represents.
11. I am an actress. That’s what I do. I am not a comedian. I make characters. I am very good. I will be better. But at the moment, I am a very good actress.
Comedies don’t define the type of actress Whoopi is.
12. When I started doing my shows in Berkeley, I discovered that I could have fun on my own, I was surprised.
Finding out that his hobby gave him great satisfaction, beyond the scope of work and obligations.
13. You know, be an actress because you love to act. Don’t be an actress because you think you are going to get famous, because it is luck.
The real motivation that an actor must have in his career.
14. I am where I am because I believe in all possibilities.
A beautiful reflection which shows us that we do not have to fear the opportunities.
15. I used my imagination to make the grass the color I wanted it to be.
Whoopi does not consider his skin color to be a determining factor in his career.
16. I am an artist, art has no color or gender.
No profession should be limited by our origins or gender.
17. He had nightmares in which when he appeared, a small laugh ran through the audience and grew and grew until it became a terrible burst of laughter.
Talk about the fear of facing the stage and the audience.
18. Because if you’re a successful human being, everything else is gravy, I think.
It all starts when we have confidence in our own abilities.
19. He said he could come from anywhere and be whatever he wants in this country. That’s exactly what I did.
Prove that dreams can come true, whenever we want.
20. We were born successful. It is only others who point out our mistakes and what they attribute to us as failure.
Everyone has the potential to achieve the goal that is proposed to him.
21. When you are kind to someone in difficulty, you expect them to remember and be kind to someone else. And it’s going to be like wildfire.
Acts of kindness are not charged.
22. Art and life are subjective. Not everyone will dig what I dig, but I reserve the right to dig.
Everyone observes life from their own perspective.
23. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
The changes should draw a best version of ourselves.
24. What was good for you 25 years ago may not be good for you now. So to keep in touch with that, I think that’s the first ingredient for success.
to move forward, it is necessary to adapt to the changes and to learn from the things that we are going through.
25. The art of acting is different from what you are.
A reflection on what it means to act.
26. We’re here for a reason. I think part of the reason is to throw small torches to guide people in the dark.
Take the time to figure out what you want to do and work towards it.
27. Cities have as much difficulty as trading houses in recovering from ruin.
There are places that can sink and never recover.
28. The actors have no color. It is the art form.
All actors must be the same as chameleons and adapt to their roles.
29. I don’t have a hobby like some people. I have whole kennels of irritation.
Talk about his character.
30. But I really want to be accepted as a good actor, and I have to admit it. Just before the first screenings of The Color Purple, I had some doubts about my name.
A sample of his insecurity about pursuing his career. But that didn’t stop her from continuing to grow and make a name for herself in the industry.
31. The normal is in the eye of the beholder.
Everyone lives their life in their own way. As long as you don’t hurt others and make yourself a better person.
32. For many, many years there had been no Jews in Israel. OK?
A strong point of view on the ongoing conflict is Israel and its dispute over its sacred lands.
33. Africans know that I am not African. I’m American. It’s my country. My people helped build it and we have been here for centuries.
A reference to its true roots. Even if you have ancestry, your home is the country where you were born.
34. I want Carl Sagan to explain paradise to me.
Wanting an explanation of the universe from one of the foremost experts on the subject.
35. After about a year, my mom said, “They won’t take you seriously if your name is Whoopi Cushion. Try this combination: Whoopi Goldberg.
The origin of his stage name. Which stems from a criticism that she completely turned to her advantage.
36. Born comicastra, which I basically am.
To refer to its own essence. The inner nature should never be hidden.
37. Well, when I was nine, Star Trek come on, I looked at it and I went shouting all over the house. “Come on mom, everyone, come quickly, come quickly, there’s a black lady on TV and she’s not a good one!”
The first contact he had with television that hooked him and made him see that everything is changing. The change in the female role on television was quite flattering.
38. Just tell me black, if you wanna call me something.
Without adorning his skin color. We shouldn’t feel more or less just because of our skin tone. It doesn’t exalt or belittle us.
39. Above all, today I don’t like the idea that if you are black in America then you should call yourself African American. Listen, I have visited Africa and I have news for everyone: I am not African.
Having a specific skin color does not mean that you have to cling to the characteristics of a particular ethnicity that you do not know.
40. I am as American as Chevrolet.
Origins that you know, respect and of which you are proud.
Check our related article here: save the marriage review